Our Ethos and Vision
Our Ethos and Vision is contained within the Trust Deed of the school. This deed states that:
“Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level. The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.”
Through inspirational teaching, all our children have the confidence to achieve success in a safe and healthy school with Christian values at its core.
Inspire. Believe. Achieve.
- To maintain close links with the Parish Church and the Diocese, and a school experience that is enriched by Christian belief and practice
- To establish good links with our local community and with the wider world, including links with schools in South Africa and in the UK
- To deliver high quality focused learning and teaching that meets individual needs and emphasises the key aspects of learning; self -awareness, empathy, motivation, managing feelings and social skills
- To promote and establish high levels of independence and personal responsibility
- To maintain High expectations in all areas
- To enhance success at many levels for all children, including academic, sporting and artistic talents
- To ensure a safe and welcoming environment for the staff and the children