Join the Governors
What do the governors do?
- We are responsible for holding the school to account ensuring it delivers the best possible education for the children of Deddington and surrounding area.
- As volunteers, the best way for us to operate is to have people of varied backgrounds with different areas of expertise then we can all play to our strengths.
- There is a time commitment though not onerous. We meet as a Board 5 times a year, and we share the work.
Why Become a Governor?
- It is rewarding to see the impact of the governors' work on our school and it's pupils
- It is also an invaluable opportunity to understand the school and the broader context in which our children are learning and growing up.
If you think you might be interested in being a governor at some point and would like more information please contact The Clerk to the Governors using the form for contacting governors on the governor contact page or telephone the school office on 01869 338430
You could also have a look at this website for some background http://www.nga.org.uk/About-Us/Be-a-Governor.aspx This could be your opportunity to really make a difference to our school and its children.
You could also have a look at this short video for some background. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=36&v=Oc9U_oR_ERM This could be your opportunity to really make a difference to our school and its children.
Chair of Governors