PE and Sport Premium
Physical Education, School Sport and Healthy Active Lifestyles
From September 2013 the Government has provided new funding (Sport Premium Fund) for physical education and sport in primary schools. The funding is designed to improve the quality and breadth of P.E. and sport provision. It is also intended to help increase participation in P.E. and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
Total money received for Sports Premium 2016/17 - £8865 total fund.
Proposed allocation of the fund 2016/17:
- Develop "active playgroud" by purchasing playtime sports' equipment for whole school playtimes.
- Continue to develop staff competence and confidence in delivering the PE curriculum by sourcing appropriate CPD opportunities.
- Develop health and wellbeing activities amongst school community eg yoga.
- Provide "top up" swimming sessions for year 6 non swimmers.
- Purchase resources for whole school daily classroom sessions.
- Maintain NOSSP membership.