What do the governors do?
- We are responsible for holding the school to account ensuring it delivers the best possible education for the children of Deddington and surrounding area.
- As volunteers, the best way for us to operate is to have people of varied backgrounds with different areas of expertise then we can all play to our strengths.
- There is a time commitment though not onerous. We meet as a Board 6 times a year, and we share the work.
Why Become a Governor?
- It is rewarding to see the impact of the governors' work on our school and it's pupils
- It is also an invaluable opportunity to understand the school and the broader context in which our children are learning and growing up.
If you think you might be interested in being a governor at some point and would like more information contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
You could also have a look at this website for some background http://www.nga.org.uk/About-Us/Be-a-Governor.aspx This could
be your opportunity to really make a difference to our school and its children.
Chair of Governors